I was at Jeremy Wright‘s conference on blogs in Bucharest – Monday 3rd of July. So, I’m a little late to post a review, so what.
Perhaps “Blogging Revolution” was a bit too much for a title. Cut the slack, here’s my bulleted list:
- what blogging is and is not
- why blogging is important:
- email is dead
- real voice
- market research
- 5 keys to success:
- listen first
- blog with a purpose
- blog with passion
- keep listening
- be “real”
- always respond to comments
- positive experiences turn readers into evangelists
- negative experiences may do the same (case studies)
- evangelist ladder:
- unique/multiple voice
- english cut – level the playground
- zip.ca – be aware
- union square venture – create awareness
- constantly look yourself up on technorati
- create resources for your customers
- numerous types of blogs
- how to treat negative customers – speak up – contact the person!
- IT’S THE PEOPLE, STUPID!
- microsoft blogging policy: “don’t be stupid”
- top 3 list:
- take the story behind the headline
- be an expert
- keep traffic growing
- watch those stats!
- measures of success.com
- google yourself on a daily basis
- develop the addiction of blogging
- do it natural, be relaxed!
- link to MVPs, do top10 lists
- sprinkle some SEO
Doesn’t make to much sense, does it? Well, this is all that I could decrypt from my handwriting
Get his list at http://www.ensight.org/uploads/ROMEXPO.zip
We shortly met in Romania at your conference.
I want to ask for the slides, a copy of your free book chapter and everything else you give out for free :) We all love freebies…
My personal opinion is that your presentation was great, you were a little nervous ( I saw your hands shaking ), but everything went ok.
However, I expected some more statistics and case studies. Or advanced walkthroughs instead of beginner tutorials. I loved the marketing research talk, people would kill for numbers; perhaps you might go more in-depth with data mining in your future talks, see how the public reacts. Anyone can read the Analytics Dashboard, few people actually Understand what they mean…
Now, I don’t want to ask for a refund or anything :) I had a great time, but if I were you, I would publish my speech’ table of contents in advance.
I just posted everything to ensight.org that you should need! Good luck in Romania! :D
“Good luck in Romania! :D” ? What does that mean? Jeremy, what does that mean?